All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a collection of stories about human actions, sometimes seemingly inconsequential acts, which ultimately had significant impact on the lives of others. Some of the stories tell of heroic deeds, such as Deborah Sampson serving as a soldier in the American Revolutionary army, and William Driver protecting Old Glory from falling into enemy hands. Other tales remind us that making little changes in our lives can benefit others and ourselves. There are stories too, of faith, perseverance and growing one's spirituality.
- Author BiographyRichard Bauman is a prolific writer. He has been writing magazine articles about history, travel, health issues, spirituality and self help topics for more than 35 years. His articles have appeared in such magazines as American Way, Rotarian, Elks Sacred Journal, Catholic Yearbook, Lutheran Digest, Family Motor Coaching, Highways, Catholic Digest, Decision, Signs of the Times, Mature Years, Mature Living, Women's World, Automobile, and many more. He is also the author of the book Awe-Full Moments: Spirituality in the Commonplace. For more than 15 years he has been the author of the popular day-to-day calendar, Legal Lunacies. Richard has contributed articles or chapters to several other books including: Chicken Soup for the Christian Family Soul; Cup of Comfort; God Allows U-Turns; Where We Live; The Writer's Research Handbook, Whispers from Heaven and Prepare Our Hearts, and most recently, Voices in Today's Magazines. He designed a course, Writing for Publication and Profit, which is presented in an adult education setting. After more than 25-years absent from formal studies, Richard returned to college to earn his bachelor's degree (much of it through distance learning) in 2002, from Excelsior College in Albany New York. Richard and his wife, Donna, have been married for nearly 49-years. They have two adult children, Chris and Stephanie, and four grandsons: Noah, Luke, Patrick and Mason. Richard and Donna reside in Southern California.
- Author(s)Richard J Bauman
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.