All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost books on recovery from addiction focus on either the addict or the family. While most alcoholics and addicts coming out of treatment have a recovery plan, families are often left to figure things out for themselves. In It Takes a Family , Debra Jay takes a fresh approach to the recovery process by making family members and friends part of the recovery team, beginning in the early stages of sobriety. Through straightforward, compassionate language, she outlines a structured model that shows families how to work collaboratively and as individuals to find an appropriate balance between personal responsibility and building a circle of support to meet the challenges common to the first year of recovery. Together, family members will address the challenges of enabling, denial, and pain, while developing their communication skills through practical, easy-to-follow strategies and exercises designed to create transparency and accountability. With this invaluable guide, family members work together as they reinvent their relationships without the all-consuming dysfunction of active addiction.
- Author BiographyNoted alcohol and drug counsellor and interventionist Debra Jay is co-author of Love First: A FamilyAEs Guide to Intervention and Aging and Addiction . A popular public speaker, she has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show and the Dr. Oz Show .
- Author(s)Debra Jay
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byRobert L. Dupont
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.