It Wasn't Me Sir!: The Childhood and Schooldays of Bernard Carter by Bernard Carter (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.54+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides a humorous look at childhood and schooldays in the 1950s on a Derby estate, based on actual events. It covers timeless scenarios we can all relate to in some part, regardless of which decade you were born in. This book portrays in a manner best described as verbal slapstick the childhood and schooldays of Bernard Carter, set in and around a new post-war estate in Derby where during both day and night the street became the main playground. Few people owned cars in the early fifties so there was little chance of getting run-over and certainly more chance of having the seat of your trousers torn out by one or more mutius dogs that roamed the area. Schooldays passed ducking and diving flying chalk, airborne board rubbers, surrendering to the stinging 'thwack' of a cane and slaps across the head from both teachers and playground bullies. There was escaping the trauma and misery of sports day, the mortifying experience of the Christmas nativity play, or the unforgettable ghastliness of a recorder concert, t to mention those horrifying visits to the dentist that left you wishing you had been born with false teeth. More agony was piled on with sweethearts, girlfriends, lost loves and those bewildering early bumbling and fumbling forays into the unkwn territory of a girls' anatomy! Surely thing could be worse than the rigours of childhood...could it?
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in Derby, Bernard Carter left the area after gaining a Diploma in Creative Photography at the College of Art. After a short, but successful career in photography he became a self-taught Botanical Artist and Illustrator and still exhibits on behalf of the Royal Horticultural Society at their many shows. Bernard has moved constantly around the UK and is well travelled having a particular love for the remoter parts of Australia. He has, over many years, contributed both articles and pictures to numerous magazines and is the author and illustrator of The Floral Birthday book and Remains of a Year. He presently lives in the Tamar valley in Devon.
- Author(s)Bernard Carter
- PublisherDB Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationDerby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDB Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.