Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionRepeating a grade in school can be a very stressful time for both parents and children. It Will Be Okay! is about a family facing this situation. Taylor, the child in this story, deals with the challenges of struggling in school and then finding out that he will be repeating the year in school. While being sensitive to Taylor's feelings and concerns, his parents present the positive side of ather year at the same grade level. The success that Taylor achieves in his second year makes him feel good about himself and even provides him an opportunity to help a classmate that is experiencing what he did the year before. This book is a valuable resource for parents, teachers, and school counselors as they approach this delicate subject with children. The author, Katrina Griesmeyer, has a BA from The Ohio State University and an MA from Ball State University. She has taught elementary school grades K-4 throughout her 20 year career. Katrina currently teaches 1st grade and was inspired to write this story both as a teacher and as a parent.
- Author BiographyKatrina Griesmeyer has a BA from The Ohio State University and an MA from Ball State University. She has taught elementary school grades K-4 throughout her 20-year career. Katrina currently teaches first grade and was inspired to write this story both as a teacher and as a parent. Holding a child back a year in school can be a very difficult decision for everyone involved. Part of this process is explaining the decision to the child in a way that he/she can understand. When Katrina made the decision to hold one of her own daughters back in first grade, she struggled with how to help her daughter understand that it would all be okay. She hopes that this story will be a tool for both parents and teachers to use when faced with this challenging circumstance. Katrina lives in Greenfield, Indiana, with her husband, Troy, and four beautiful daughters, Taylor, Kami, Ellie and Mia.
- Author(s)Katrina Griesmeyer
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.