Italian Farmer's Table: Authentic Recipes and Local Lore from Northern Italy by Matteo Scialabba, Melissa Pellegrino (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Italian Farmer's Table is a sumptuously illustrated cookbook featuring authentic recipes from over thirty agriturismi (working family farms that provide room & board to travelers) in rthern Italy, where the cuisine served epitomizes the farm-fresh movement underway in the United States, the UK, and beyond. Visitors to agriturismi, who come from all over Europe and North America, indulge in such delights as fresh ricotta cheese made the same morning, prosciutto from free-range pigs, and organic vegetables picked minutes before serving. Professional chefs who are fluent in Italian, Matteo and Melissa have transcribed more than 150 authentic rthern Italian recipes from these family farms-few of which are found in cookbooks available outside of Italy. Full-color photographs and anecdotes about the farms and their residents bring Italy's glorious countryside to life and complement such recipes as Onion Tarts, Fried Butternut Squash Ravioli, Piemontese Beef Stew, and Goat Cheese Gcchi with Walnut Butter. All recipe ingredients are given in both U.S. and metric measurements.
- Author BiographyMATTHEW and MELISSA SCIALABBA are a husband and wife cooking and writing team from Connecticut. They graduated from The Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan together, and worked for a time in Italy. Fluent in Italian, Melissa graduated from a professional culinary school (Lorenzo di Medici) in Florence, Italy, and apprenticed in a small three-person kitchen of a well known restaurant popular with the locals, while Matt studied winemaking in Liguria in the Cinque Terre. Together, they worked at several Italian agriturismi, where the idea for this cookbook was born. Melissa is a recipe tester at FINE COOKING magazine, while Matt works for a boutique Italian wine company.
- Author(s)Matteo Scialabba,Melissa Pellegrino
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/01/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Out-of-print date02/08/2011
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight42 g
- Width216 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.