All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 1996 in Italian politics was a year rich in velty. After the stalled transition of 1995, the political atmosphere had begun to change. Most obvious was the end of Dini's unelected government of techcrats, supported by a heterogeneous group in Parliament, and its replacement with Roma Prodi's government, a coalition of the parties that had won the general election on April 21, 1996. But an even more important change and one more likely to be remembered was a new climate of dialogue amongst the main political forces that emerged from this period of transition between two republics. In 1996, despite the general elections, cooperation again became part of the political game.In this volume, a collection of experts examine the political developments in Italy in 1996. An introduction by the volume editors sets the tone for the year and is followed by comprehensive discussion of such issues as the general elections of April, the new placement of Left, Center-Left, and Lega Nord, the Scalfaro presidency, the Andreotti trials, Italian involvement in the European Union, and the politics of intervention in Bosnia. The volume includes two invaluable reference sections: a full chrology of the political events of the year and an appendix containing a wealth of statistical data on Italian election results, political parties, and the ecomy.
- Author BiographyRoberto D'Alimonte is professor of the Italian political system at the University of Florence. David Nelken is professor of sociology at the University of Macerata and distinguished research professor of law at the University of Wales at Cardiff. Roberto D'Alimonte is professor of the Italian political system at the University of Florence. David Nelken is professor of sociology at the University of Macerata and distinguished research professor of law at the University of Wales at Cardiff.
- Author(s)Roberto D'Alimonte
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication19/09/1997
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Notechronology, tables, figures, notes, appendix, index
- Weight411 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Nelkin,Professor David Nelken
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.