All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for the law enforcement professional, this book takes you from start to finish on how to successfully interdict some of America's worst criminals driving on our nation's highways. Walk in the footsteps of the authors as they share their training and experience working our back roads, inner cities, and interstates. Read about the newest types of concealment being utilized by drug trafficking organizations. Learn about the trucking industry as a whole and how drug traffickers shadow themselves deep into the industry. Follow along with real life stories involving seizures made by experienced interdiction officers and learn from their experience and techniques. Discover new professional interview tactics, which have led to many major seizures. This book is your complete guide for working commercial motor vehicle interdiction.
- Author BiographyJames Eagleson is a highly trained officer in the field of criminal interdiction. He began his career in law enforcement when he was hired by the North Charleston, SC Police Department. After a little over a year he moved on to work for the South Carolina Department of Public Safety. He worked as an interdiction officer on the I-95 corridor. After several years on the State's Drug Unit, he was assigned a K-9 Officer position. James's work as a proactive commercial vehicle enforcement officer resulted in numerous major seizures of contraband. In 2001, James was named Police Officer of the Year by three different agencies (the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, the South Carolina Department of Revenue and the South Carolina Department of Transportation). In 2003, James was nominated as the South Carolina Department of Public Safety Commissioned Officer of the Year. In 2004, James was named the South Carolina State Police Officer of the Year. James was certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy as a police instructor. At the academy level he has taught criminal interdiction tactics. James has been an interdiction instructor at the national level teaching for prestigious entities such as the Drug Interdiction Assistance Program (DIAP). James has taught hundreds of classes for the DEA, Northeast Counterdrug Training Center, Regional Counterdrug Training Center, HIDTA, including instructing at Advanced Agent Training in Quantico, Virginia. He has also taught at the US Border Patrol Academy in Artesia, New Mexico. After he retired, James founded The 420 Group where he is the Director of Training. The 420 Group teaches classes on Criminal Interdiction throughout the country. This criminal interdiction training has benefited thousands of officers from the federal, state, county and local level. James continues to pursue his passion - instructing law enforcement officers on the topic of criminal interdiction- and has logged thousands of hours of instruction. In 2012, he took The 420 Group international when he taught interdiction in the Balkan region of Serbia and Bosnia. He supervised a team to work the border in Bosnia and labored alongside and trained Customs Officers from three countries. As the Director of Training, he has built the very first ever law enforcement resort for police officers. He is a networker and enjoys being around the people who make this the best profession in the world.
- Author(s)James W Eagleson,Sam Smith,Sgt Sam Smith
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.