Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJeremy Vine is one of the most successful broadcasters of recent years and in 2012 clocks up a quarter of a century at the BBC. In It's All News to Me, he takes a look back over his career from the very first day when he arrived at broadcasting house, (by coincidence an inauspicious news day - the fateful Black Monday of 1987.) Jeremy explains his big break as a Today programme reporter when he was fired at by a sniper during the early days of the war in Bosnia; he walks us through the corridors of Westminster in the 1990s when he was a political correspondent, trying to deal with the likes of Alastair Campbell and Peter Mandelson; he reflects on the steep learning curve that was his posting as African correspondent at the turn of the millennium; and his return to the UK where he was dubbed Paxman's mini-me on Newsnight. He also explains what it's like presenting Radio 2's lunchtime show and talking to 6 million listeners - people who, as he puts it have better stories than we do. Written in Jeremy's unmistakably lively and self-deprecating voice, It's All News to Me paints a vivid picture of what it's like to be trapped inside the BBC - arguably the most interesting organisation in the country - for 25 years. It's also about our obsession with news - just exactly how and why it happens - and the power of real life stories versus the media's desire to shape them.
- Author BiographyBorn in Epsom, Jeremy has previously been presenter of Newsnight, political correspondent at Westminster, reporter on the Today programme and Africa correspondent based in Johannesburg. He is also one of only four presenters in the history of Panorama, the world's oldest current affairs programme. In 2003 Jeremy took over the Radio 2 news and music slot Sir Jimmy Young had occupied illustriously for 29 years.
- Author(s)Jeremy Vine
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.