All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Number One Irish bestseller and 2014 Irish Book Award-winner, this is the searingly moving and empowering story of Majella O'Donnell, wife of Irish singer Daniel O'Donnell. It begins with her childhood in the 1960s, growing up in a small town in Ireland, her early love of music and dreams of a future full of hope and excitement, only to be dashed by a broken marriage and an uphill battle with depression. Her confidence and self-esteem at a low ebb, Majella decided to take charge of her own life and make a fresh start. Then destiny lent a hand when she met Daniel O'Donnell, and their marriage in 2002 brought her immense happiness and fulfilment. It was a decade or so later that tragedy struck, with the diagsis of breast cancer. This is the compelling story of a woman made extraordinary by the courage with which she faced her greatest challenge. A woman who has learned about life the hard way, but who, with the love and support of her family and her husband Daniel, and the public by her side, has come through with a force of character and a deep-seated determination that will inspire us all.
- Author BiographyMajella O'Donnell is a native of Thurles, County Tipperary, where she was born in 1960. After her first marriage failed, she met Daniel O'Donnell in Tenerife in 1999 and the couple were married in 2002. She has joined her husband on stage on numerous occasions, performing duets with the singer to great acclaim. She has two children, now in their twenties, from her previous marriage. Follow Majella on Twitter @majodonnell, and visit Daniel O'Donnell's website www.danielodonnell.org to which Majella often contributes.
- PrizesWinner of Irish Book Awards: RTE Radio 1's The John Murray Show Listeners' Choice Award 2014.
- Author(s)Majella O'Donnell
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note8pp Colour Plates
- Weight234 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.