All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon't be afraid to delve into the good, bad, and sometimes truly ugly world of germs. Microbiologist Jennifer Gardy, who calls herself a disease detective, picks up her microscope to bring expert insight to the microbes that are all around us but are too small to see. Irreverent, playful, and contagious in all the best ways, It's Catching discusses a range of germs and the diseases they cause, from the common cold to food poisoning to the Ebola virus. Young readers will be enticed -- and pretty grossed out -- while becoming immersed in information about pus, bacteria, DNA, gemes, and more. They will learn how germs have shaped human history and also about the individuals who are working to hunt them down. Additional elements, like trading card-style profiles of a variety of diseases, a board game, and a detailed index, make this infectious read both useful and entertaining.
- Author BiographyJennifer Gardy is the head of British Columbia's Center for Disease Control Genome Research Laboratory and an adjunct professor of microbiology and immunology at the University of British Columbia. In addition to her research and teaching, she is often found on TV and radio talking about germs and diseases. She lives in Vancouver. Josh Holinaty is an illustrator whose works include public art commissions and book, magazine, and newspaper illustrations. He also teaches illustration at Guru Digital Arts College. He lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Author(s)Jennifer Gardy
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width188 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Josh Holinaty
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.