All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book encourages scientific literacy by showing you how to teach the understanding and thinking skills your students need to explore real-world questions like these:
- Should schools charge a tax to discourage kids from eating unhealthy foods?
- Should local governments lower speed limits to reduce traffic fatalities?
- Should pharmaceutical companies be allowed to advertise prescription drugs directly to consumers?
Both practical and content-rich, It's Debatable! doesn't shy away from controversy. Instead, the authors encourage you and your students to confront just how messy the questions raised by science (and pseudoscience) can be. After all, as the authors te, The only way for our students to be prepared for participation in societal discourse is to have practice in their school years, and what better place than the science classroom?
- Author(s)Dana L. Zeidler,Sami Kahn
- PublisherNational Science Teachers Association
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Science Teachers Association
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.