All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is teaching preschool children about sexual health so important? Well, for one thing, it's well documented that teaching children about sex and sexuality early helps prevent sexual abuse. But it's more than that, sexuality goes way beyond sexual intercourse and reproduction. Sexuality influences how we view ourselves and our bodies, how we interact with people, how we fit into our world and how we express ourselves as individuals. It's a dynamic process and will change as we learn and grow. Think of it as a journey, t a destination! As parents or caregivers, children look to us for guidance and it's up to us to lead the way. Having said that, starting the conversation can be tough. If you're like most parents, you've done your homework and you'll kw that there is a wealth of information available in books and on the Internet. So much so, that it's overwhelming and who has the time to sift through it all? In addition, while there's an abundance of information, very little of it will teach you HOW to successfully communicate the information to your kids. Let's face it, children don't come with instruction manuals and as a parent, sometimes it's hard to kw what to do. What's appropriate? What's rmal? What's t? What do I say? What do I do? To complicate matters, as adults we bring preconceptions and emotions surrounding our own experience with sexuality into the equation. Most of us have the best of intentions, but very few of us grew up in homes where talking about sex was as natural as talking about the weather. We've consulted with experts, reviewed the literature extensively and distilled it into easy to read, manageable pieces along with talking points on how to Start the Conversation with your child. Our goal is to help you, make those tough conversations easy so that you in turn can help your children to stay healthy and safe.
- Author(s)Goto Educational Technology Inc
- PublisherGoto Educational Technology Inc.
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoto Educational Technology Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.