All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going, Chelsea Clinton tackles some of the biggest challenges facing our world today, especially for kids. Using data, charts and stories she unpacks challenges related to Poverty, Climate Change, Gender Equality, Health, Endangered Species and more. She also talks about what's being done to make a difference in each area, particularly by kids and teenagers. With lots of suggestions and ideas for action, Chelsea Clinton shares her passion for helping others and shows readers that the world belongs to every single one of us, and every one of us counts. The book will have three main thrusts: Informing young readers using facts and research; Inspiring them with stories of hope and empowerment; and; Suggesting practical ways that young readers can make a difference in their own communities and in the larger world. Filled with visuals including charts, graphs and photographs, this book has the potential to influence an entire generation's activism and involvement in local and global issues.
- Author BiographyChelsea Clinton has always been interested in making the world a better place. When she was a child in Little Rock, Arkansas, one of her favorite books was 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, and as a teenager in Washington, D.C., she led her school's service club. While she was at Stanford, Chelsea worked as a reading and writing tutor and volunteered at the Children's Hospital. Today, she is Vice Chair of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation where she helps lead the work of the Foundation across its various initiatives, with a particular focus on work related to health, women and girls, creating service opportunities, and empowering the next generation of leaders. Chelsea holds a BA from Stanford University, an MPH from Columbia University, and an MPhil and doctorate degree in international relations from Oxford University. She lives in New York City with her husband Marc, their daughter Charlotte, and their dog Soren. You can follow her on Twitter at @Chelsea Clinton or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChelseaClinton. Residence: New York, NY Book Site: www.itsyourworld.com
- Author(s)Chelsea Clinton
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight685 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.