All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA funny, heartwarming animal story from a master storyteller, perfect for children learning to read. Lula always likes me to go with her to the end of the lane. She loves a bit of a cuddle and a lick or two before the school bus comes. Oh Russ, she whispers. A horse. It's all I want for my birthday. And I'm thinking - excuse me, but what's so great about a horse? Isn't a dog good eugh? The touching tale of one girl and her dog exploring farm life, from Britain's best-loved children's author, Michael Morpurgo. The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 2 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for readers who are growing in confidence and are beginning to enjoy longer stories. It features: clear type; up to 8 lines per page; bright, appealing pictures for added interest; a variety of sentence structures; a wider range of vocabulary; and, strong themes and characters to discuss. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Purple.
- Author BiographyFormer Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo is one of the most successful children's authors in the country, loved by children, teachers and parents alike. He is the author of global hit War Horse, which was made into a Hollywood film by Steven Spielberg in 2011. Michael received an OBE in December 2006 for his services to literature. Hannah George is a freelance illustrator living and working on the south coast of England. She has illustrated several children's picture books and worked with publishers including Ladybird and Little Tiger Press Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder Level 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hannah George
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.