All listings for this product
Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $42.28Trending at AU $44.23
- AU $15.53Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $2.50Trending at AU $2.92
About this product
- DescriptionEnter a medieval world unlike any you've seen before. Welcome to an invative and reader-friendly approach to medieval history, one that combines visually appealing infographics, whimsical cartoons and lively, informative text. Each spread offers a snapshot that highlights an aspect of the diversity and intercultural dynamics of the medieval world, from Europe to the Byzantine, Ottoman and Islamic empires. Readers get the inside scoop on crusaders and caliphs, Mongols and midwives, as they read about expanding trade routes, power shifts, conquests, adventure, and persecutions. From the daily life of the medieval child to Rabban bar Sauma's extraordinary pilgrimage, the result is a colorful and varied picture of what life was like a thousand years ago. For example, did you kw: * 5% of babies in English peasants' homes died from pig bites? * what medieval workers did for a living? * you could buy a Turkish horse for 455 cartloads of dung? * the best way to stop the unstoppable knight? Shapiro's meticulous research is brought to life by Ross Kinnaird's historically based, humorous, illustrations. Who would imagine medieval history could be this much fun!
- Author BiographyStephen Shapiro holds a PhD and is the author of The Siege, Ultra Hush-Hush!, Hoodwinked, and Battle Stations. He lives in Toronto. Ross Kinnaird is an illustrator who has worked in London, Sydney, and Hong Kong. He lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Simon Shapiro
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight371 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ross Kinnaird
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.