Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionCzar Ivan IV (1530-1584), the first Russian ruler to take the title czar, is kwn as one of the worst tyrants in history, but few people among the general public kw how he got such an infamous reputation. Relying on extensive research based heavily on original Russian sources, this definitive biography depicts an incredibly complex man living in a time of simple, harsh realities. Robert Payne, the distinguished author of many historical and biographical works, and Russian scholar Nikita Romaff, describe in vivid and lively detail Ivan's callous upbringing; the poisoning of his second wife and the murder of his son; his obsession with religion and sin; his predilection for mass murder, evidenced by his massacre of 30,000 citizens of Novgorod; yet his remarkable intelligence as a ruler, supporting the growth of trade and expanding Russia's borders.
- Author BiographyRobert Payne (1911-1983) was a distinguished historian and author of The Life and Death of Lenin, The Rise and Fall of Stalin, and The Dream and the Tomb. Nikita Romanoff, grandnephew of Nicholas II of Russia, is a world-renowned scholar of Russian history.
- Author(s)Nikita Romanoff,Robert Payne
- PublisherCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.