All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWilfred of Ivanhoe disinherited by his father, Cedric, because as a Saxon in the year 1194, it wasn't acceptable to support a Norman king like Richard I of England. In addition, Wilfred is in love with Lady Rowena, a woman Cedric hoped to marry to Lord Aethelstane. Ivanhoe accompanies King Richard on the Crusades along with various Knights Templar. Note, too, that Robin of Locksley (aka Robin Hood) is one of the characters in the story, and the standard feat of Robin Hood splitting a competitor's arrow originated in this vel. As with many of Sir Walter Scott's vels, Ivanhoe deals with the clash between heroic ideals and modern society.
- Author BiographySir Walter Scott (1771-1832) was a Scottish author, and the first English language author to have an international career during his lifetime. He is best known for his novels Ivanhoe, Rob Roy, The Lady of the Lake and others. His Waverley series remains popular to this day.
- Author(s)Sir Walter Scott
- PublisherDenton & White
- Date of Publication14/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDenton & White
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.