All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of Chekhov?s full-length dramas, Ivav treads a fine line between broad comedy and tragic melodrama. Ivav, the young estate owner, is too intelligent and too bored to endure his provincial life. He is a superfluous man, attracted to a beautiful young woman who threatens his moral foundations and leads him ultimately to tragedy. This new translation beautifully captures Chekhov's dialogue for modern audiences.
- Author BiographyThe Plays for Performance series is edited by Nicholas Rudall, former artistic director of the Court Theatre at the University of Chicago where he is professor of classics, and Bernard Sahlins, founder and director of the Second City. They both live in Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2001
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitlePlays for Performance
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight108 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byPeter Christensen,Yasen Peyankov
- Translated byYasen Peyankov,Peter Christensen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.