All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionConventional wisdom has it that education is the great equalizer in a society. Notwithstanding, access to higher education and terminal degrees have t proven synymous with the establishment of legitimacy for many voices. Academics and scholars of color continue to confront barriers constituent of the racialized, gendered, and class(ed) baggage characterizing dominant social relations. In I've Got a Story to Tell different members of academe struggle with the institutionalized constructs that pose real challenges to the transformation and democratization of higher education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Sandra Jackson is Associate Professor of Education at DePaul University. Chicago. She has coedited Beyond Comfort Zones in Multiculturalism and has written on teacher education, curriculum studies, and gender issues in education. She is currently working on projects related to education and democracy in education in South Africa as well as identity - place and belonging. Jose Solis Jordan is Assistant Professor in the Department of Educational Foundations at the University of Puerto Rico. He has written and edited three books related to educational theory and its foundations. Currently Professor Solis Jordan is researching the relationship between identity and the space-time dynamic as these inform a sense of belonging.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCounterpoints Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number65
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJose S Jordan,Jose Solis Jordan,Sandra Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.