All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIvy In Bloom captures the weariness of a young girl tired of a long winter. I stare out the window, she says on the first spread of brown and gray, looking for birds or flowers / or even warm showers / but I don't see any such thing. But then Spring comes when March is out of breath sw melting to flowery waters and watery flowers spring rose from its wintry rest. And Ivy's heart dances with daffodils. As these words also dance across each spread, Ivy's world erupts into a riot of color. Ivy In Bloom introduces the poetry of Dickinson, Longfellow, Browning, Wordsworth, Frost and others. Excerpts from their writings, as seen through Ivy's eyes, will open up poetry as a way for children to express their own feelings about the changing of seasons. This book includes longer excerpts and brief bios of each author.
- Author(s)Vanita Oelschlager
- PublisherVanitaBooks LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVanitaBooks LLC
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width220 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kristin Blackwood
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.