Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis delightfully readable biography of the author of over fifty hugely popular books, t to mention plays, journalism and essays, paints a vivid portrait of a man who was almost as famous for his cantankerous grumbling and three marriages as for his writing. An international figure who made much of his Yorkshire origins, Priestley claimed t to give a damn about literary style, and was determined to write for ordinary people rather than for critics. Most of his books remain in print many years after his death.
- Author BiographyVincent Brome was educated at Streatham Grammar and Elleston Schools. He started writing professionally aged twenty-one, and held a variety of jobs including feature writer, editor of 'Menu Magazine', a post at the Ministry of Information during the Second World War, and assistant editor at 'Medical World'. Brome wrote more than thirty books including nine biographies, eleven novels, historical studies, and a two-volume work on the 'Problem of Progress', as well as plays for the stage, television and radio. His novels 'The Embassy' and 'The Surgeon' were international bestsellers. Psychology and psychoanalysis were enduring interests throughout his career. As well as his distinguished book writing career, Brome also appeared regularly on radio and was a contributor to numerous newspapers and magazines including 'The Observer', 'Sunday Times', 'The Times', 'The Guardian', 'The Spectator' and 'The New Statesman' (in the UK), along with 'The Nation' and 'The New York Times' (USA). He held the distinction of having an entire 'South Bank Show' on TV devoted to him and his writing. He lived in central London, where he died in 2005.
- Author(s)Vincent Brome
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication30/07/2001
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.