J.G.Ballard: Contemporary Critical Perspectives by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.77Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an up-to-date reader of critical essays on J. G. Ballard by leading international academics, which includes a short biography, timeline and comprehensive guided further reading.J.G. Ballard is one of the most significant British writers of the contemporary period. His award-winning vels are widely studied and read, yet the appeal of Ballard's idiosyncratic, and often controversial, imagination is such that his work also enjoys something of a cult status with the reading public. The hugely successful cinematic adaptations of Empire of the Sun (Spielberg, 1987) and Crash (Cronenberg, 1996) further confirm Ballard's unique place within the literary, cultural and popular imaginations.This guide includes new critical perspectives on Ballard's major vels as well as his short stories and journalistic writing covering issues of form, narrative and experimentation. Whilst offering fresh readings of dominant and recurring themes in Ballard's writing, including history, sexuality, violence, consumer capitalism, and urban space, the contributors also explore Ballard's contribution to major contemporary debates including those surrounding post 9/11 politics, terrorism, neo-imperialism, science, morality and ethics. Guides in the Contemporary Critical Perspectives series provide companions to reading and studying major contemporary authors. Each guide includes new critical essays combining textual readings, cultural analysis and discussion of key critical and theoretical issues in a clear, accessible style. They also include a preface by a major contemporary writer, a new interview with the author, discussion of film and TV adaptation and guidance on further reading.
- Author BiographyJeannette Baxter is Senior Lecturer at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK, specializing in modern and contemporary fiction.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/02/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Critical Perspectives
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeannette Baxter
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.02Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.