J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science by Ajoy K. Sarkar, Allen C. Cohen, Ingrid Johnson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $172.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an increased emphasis on the global industry of textiles, the best-selling Fabric Science, 11th Edition provides the most comprehensive and current introduction to textiles-from fibers through finished fabrics. The eleventh edition has been fully updated to reflect the current industry and applications to fashion, home goods, interior design, and related industries. - Hardcover binder with loose-leaf, full color sheets allows user to customize their book - Coverage of fiber characteristics, yarns, woven and knit fabrics, dyeing, printing, and various finishes - Discussions on environmental concerns, care and revation, fabric invations, quality issues, and global laws that regulate textiles - Attention to textiles for interiors and how to select fabric for the desired end use in apparel, interior furnishings and industrial products - The vocabulary of textiles in chapter glossaries and a list of fiber names in seven languages The companion Fabric Science Swatch Kit, 11th Edition (ISBN 9781628926576), includes 114 fabric swatches that align with this text and give students hands-on experience with textile fibers, yarns, fabrications, dyes, prints, and finishes-providing a complete package for understanding textiles. NEW TO THIS EDITION - Updates include fiber invations, high performance fabrics, smart textiles, natechlogy, recent developments in wet processing and textile techlogy, global sourcing options, and sustainability - New Business of Textiles feature focuses on applications with topics such as the velty yarns used in Chanel suits, current wearable apparel techlogy, and new green dry cleaning methods - More than 250 color photos and illustrations and 20% new photographs - Renamed and expanded Chapter 13 Performance, Technical, and Smart Textiles STUDIO RESOURCES - Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips - Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions - Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life TEACHING RESOURCES - Instructor's Guide with teaching suggestions, activities, lecture tes, and a guide to Swatch Kit assignments. - Test Bank with over 600 multiple choice, short answer, and true or false questions. - PowerPoint presentations include full-color images from the book and provide a framework for lecture and discussion. PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does t include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501395369. STUDIO Instant Access can also be purchased or rented separately on BloomsburyFashionCentral.com.
- Author BiographyIngrid Johnson is a Full Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US. Ajoy Sarkar is an Associate Professor of Textile Development and Marketing at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US. Allen C. Cohen was a Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US.
- Author(s)Ajoy K. Sarkar,Allen C. Cohen,Ingrid Johnson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Out-of-print date30/06/2016
- Content Note290 color illus and 50 bw illus
- Weight1823 g
- Width267 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsLoose leaf - sheets & binder
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.