All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the heart of London's Covent Garden, J Sheekey has been offering the finest fish, oysters, shellfish and other fruits de mer since the 1890s. Josef Sheekey was a market stall holder given permission by Lord Salisbury to serve fish and seafood in his 1896 property development in St Martin's Court, on the proviso that he supply meals to Salisbury's after-theatre dinner parties. Over a century later, the restaurant retains its late-Victorian charm and buzzes with fashionable folk and famous faces. The menu takes in prime fish such as Dover and lemon sole, brill and salmon, with seasonal specials such as Esk sea trout with lovage and girolles, roast lobster with sweetbreads and salt baked bass. Old favourites include lobster thermidor and Sheekey's famous fish pie. J Sheekey Fish immortalises recipes from this rewned kitchen. Sheekey Executive Chef Tim Hughes has teamed up with legendary cookery editor Allan Jenkins to create the cookery book event of 2012.
- Author BiographyAllan Jenkins is editor of Observer Food Monthly and previously editor of the Observer magazine, food and drink editor on the Independent newspaper. He once lived in an experimental eco-community on Anglesey, growing organic food on the edge of the Irish sea. Tim Hughes has worked with Gordon Ramsay, Marco Pierre White and many other Michelin-starred Chefs. Tim took on his first Head Chef role aged twenty-four, later becoming Sous Chef at Le Caprice, working under Mark Hix. In following years Tim opened The Canteen in Chelsea Harbour and then became chef at J. Sheekey. He is now Executive Chef at Caprice Holdings.
- Author(s)Allan Jenkins,Howard Sooley,Tim Hughes
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPreface Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1584 g
- Width219 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.