All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike the women of the Red Tent, even the daughter of King David lived in a world ruled by men. But this woman was born to break the rules of both men and God in order to learn the art of writing, and with it, a power that could reveal the hidden truth, or slay a man with a single word. When Janaia, eldest daughter of King David of Judah, is secretly initiated into the art and magic of writing, she finds she must master the sublime powers and visions that come with this new kind of kwledge in order to take her place in history and before God. We follow her life from the caves of Judah to the glory of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, a journey which reveals the secrets of life and death. The first Israelite woman to learn the secrets of writing, Janaia discovers through heartbreak and sacrifice that this kwledge of good and evil brings with it both frightening power and jubilant freedom from the rules of men and God.
- Author BiographyWriter, teacher, hippie, artist, entrepreneur and communications consultant. Mary Burns lives in San Francisco but has never let go of her Irish Chicago roots.
- Author(s)Mary Burns
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteB&W
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.