All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume delivers all the information you need to get started, including an overview of P2P distributed computing, an explanation of the JXTA Project's new platform, and ways that developers can become a part of the development effort. The book introduces major concepts in a hands-on way by explaining them in context to the shell, and contains a complete reference to the JXTA application bindings. Also included is the full JXTA protocol specification. The book covers important topics such as security, and how the JXTA techlogy fits into the standard Java classes.
- Author BiographyScott Oaks is a Java Technologist at Sun Microsystems, where he has worked since 1987. While at Sun, he has specialized in many disparate technologies, from the SunOS kernel to network programming and RPCs. Since 1995, he's focused primarily on Java and bringing Java technology to end-users. Scott also authored O'Reilly's Java Security, Java Threads and Jini in a Nutshell titles. Li Gong is a well-known developer in the Java Community and an active member of the Project JXTA. Li is the JXTA Engineering Director for the JXTA CORE.
- Author(s)Bernard Travaset,Gong Li,Li Gong,Scott Oaks
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.