All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Library of America's edition of the writings of Jack Kerouac opens with Visions of Cody, the ground-breaking work originally written in the early 1950s and published posthumously in 1972, in which Kerouac first treats the material later immortalised in On the Road. Visions of Gerard (1963) is a deeply moving meditation on Kerouac's older brother, who died at nine of rheumatic fever, and who for Kerouac became an emblem of saintliness. The intensely focused and harrowing Big Sur (1962) finds fictional alter ego Jack Duluoz returning to California to escape fame.
- Author BiographyTODD TIETCHEN is a professor of English at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, and the author of The Cubalogues: Beat Writers in Revolutionary Havana (2010). He edited Jack Kerouac s The Haunted Life and Other Writings (2014).
- Author(s)Jack Kerouac
- PublisherThe Library of America
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Library of America
- Weight684 g
- Width124 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byTodd Tietchen
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.