Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionJack Milroy: Cut Outs is the first substantial publication on the work of the prolific British artist Jack Milroy who has been active for over 50 years. The book explores Milroy's extensive artistic career, highlighting his repurposing of materials-from illustrated books and posters, to maps and packaging-as a means for creating expansive, yet intricate, artworks.Whilst often playful and humorous in nature, the works are often attentive of and make reference to monumental events and narratives, ranging from 9/11 to The Garden of Eden. Traces of Surrealism and the fantastical are also present within Milroy's creations, as well as references to modern techlogy, Pop art and the natural environment, all executed with impeccable skill and detail.Accompanying Milroy's works is an essay by William Packer, the former Financial Times Art Critic. Packer has written about the artist's work for many years and has an astute understanding of the work, exemplified in this new, specially commissioned text.
- Author BiographyWilliam Packer: Artist and former art critic for the Financial Times.
- Author(s)William Packer
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing Ltd
- Content Note160
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.