All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJack's Granny is sick with a bad case of the moozles! The only cure is the fruit of the fantastic flumflum tree which grows on the faraway Isle of Blowyerse. It's a perilous journey, but Jack bravely sets sail, with a motley crew of only three -- and a large patchwork sack that Granny has filled with an odd assortment of items from chewing-gum to tent pegs. But what use will they be against hungry sharks, a leaky boat and a thieving monkey? Jack and the Flumflum Tree is an irresistible story from Julia Donaldson, the author of The Gruffalo, and illustrator David Roberts - the brilliant picture-book pairing behind Tyransaurus Drip, The Troll and The Flying Bath. This chunky board book format is perfect for younger readers.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's best-loved picture books, and was the 2011-2013 UK Children's Laureate. Her books include What the Ladybird Heard, Room on the Broom and the modern classic The Gruffalo, which has sold over 13.5 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over sixty languages. Julia also writes fiction as well as poems, plays and songs and her brilliant live children's shows are always in demand. Julia and her husband Malcolm divide their time between Sussex and Edinburgh. David Roberts is an award-winning illustrator with an international following. Born in Liverpool, he has a degree in fashion design, and has worked as a milliner and fashion illustrator. But he always felt his true calling was in children's book illustration and now pursues that dream from his flat in London. David illustrates fiction, poetry, and picture books, including the Dirty Bertie series, and in 2006 won the Nestle Children's Book Prize Gold Award for his line drawings in Mouse Noses on Toast.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight376 g
- Width186 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Roberts
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.