All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe play is a musical reconstruction of incidents relating to the East End murders which took place between Friday, August 31st and Friday, November 9th, 1888. A solution of Jack the Ripper's identity is hinted at, but the play is an atmospheric commentary rather than an historical re-enactment, shifting between reality and artificiality, with characters representing real people as well as members of the music hall audience and players. It is an essential feature that some characters are called upon to play more than one role. They thus have a life within the Music Hall and also in reality. The Chairman also plays the authoritative roles of Sir Charles Warren, the Magistrate, and the Dock's Foreman, while Montague Druitt is also kwn as Toynbee and plays the villain in the melodrama, and the magician. Vocal score on sale. Perusal material available.
- Author(s)Denis De Marne,Ron Pember
- PublisherSamuel French Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/1976
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleActing Edition S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSamuel French Ltd
- Content Note1plan
- Weight82 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.