All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Swiss mathematician Jakob Steiner (1796-1863) came from a poor background with an incomplete education, yet such was his mathematical talent that eventually the Prussian university system adapted itself to him rather than he to it. A geometer in an age dominated by analysts, he pursued his own interests in his own way. The elegant results which bear his name - including Steiner circles, systems and symmetrisation - are kwn to most mathematicians today. Considered by many to be the greatest geometer since Apollonius of Perga, Steiner did important work on systemising geometry, laying the foundation for much later work on projective geometry. Edited by the eminent mathematician Karl Weierstrass (1815-97), this two-volume edition of Steiner's collected works offers scholars access to his influential writings in the original German. Volume 1 was published in 1881.
- Author(s)Jakob Steiner
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 b/w illus.
- Weight920 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKarl Weierstrass
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.