All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1939, seventeen-year-old Austrians Jacob Silverman and Rachael Goldberg are bright, talented, and deeply in love. Because they are Jews, their families lose everything: their jobs, possessions, money, contact with loved ones, and finally their liberty. Jacob and Rachael and their families are removed from their comfortable Austrian homes into a decrepit ghetto where they are forced to live in squalor. From there, the families are sent to the Nazi concentration camp Theresienstadt, where Rachael and Jacob secretly become man and wife. Revel in their excitement as they escape through a harrowing tunnel and join local partisans to fight the Nazis. Ride the fetid train to Auschwitz-Birkenau, where only slavery, sickness, brutality, and death await. Stung by the death of loved ones, enslaved and starved, the young lovers have thing to count on but faith, love, and courage.
- Author BiographyCharles S. Weinblatt is a retired University of Toledo administrator. He has published fiction and non-fiction and has been a contributor to The Examiner and a book reviewer for The New York Journal of Books. He lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
- Author(s)Charles S Weinblatt
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.