All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDouble Act. Ruby and Garnet are ten-year-old twins. They're identical, and they do EVERYTHING together, especially since their mother died three years earlier - but they couldn't be more different. Bossy, bouncy, funny Ruby loves to take charge, and is desperate to be a famous actress, while quiet, sensitive, academic Garnet loves thing more than to curl up with one of her favourite books. And when everything around the twins is changing so much, can being a double act work for ever? Bad Girls. Shy, mild Mandy has been bullied at school for as long as she can remember. That's why she is delighted when cheeky, daring, full-of-fun Tanya picks her as a friend. Mum isn't happy - she thinks Tanya's a BAD GIRL and a bad influence on her daughter. But Mandy loves spending time with her brilliant new friend, and is sure Tanya can only get her out of trouble, t into it ...or could she?
- Author BiographyJACQUELINE WILSON is an extremely well-known and hugely popular author who served as Children's Laureate from 2005-7. She has been awarded a number of prestigious awards, including the British Children's Book of the Year and the Guardian Children's Fiction Award (for The Illustrated Mum), the Smarties Prize and the Children's Book Award (for Double Act, for which she was also highly commended for the Carnegie Medal). In 2002 Jacqueline was given an OBE for services to literacy in schools and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame. She was the author most borrowed from British libraries in the last decade. 'A brilliant writer of wit and subtlety' THE TIMES. 'She should be prescribed for all cases of reading reluctance' INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY. 'Has a rare gift for writing lightly and amusingly about emotional issues' BOOKSELLER.
- PrizesWinner of Children's Book Award 1996 and Smarties Book Prize 1995. Runner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for LA Carnegie Medal 1997.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Wilson
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication10/10/1998
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Content NoteB+W t/o
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Sharratt,Sue Heap
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.