All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays aims to investigate the unique place of Jacques Ranciere in the contemporary intellectual scene. This book forms the first critical study of Jacques Ranciere's impact and contribution to contemporary theoretical and interdisciplinary studies. It showcases the work of leading scholars in fields such as political theory, history, cinema studies and literary theory; each of whom are uniquely situated to engage with the velty of Ranciere's thinking within their respective fields. Each of the thirteen essays provides an investigation into the critical stance Ranciere takes towards his contemporaries, concentrating on the versatile application of his thought to diverse fields of study (including, cinema studies, literary studies and the 'history as fiction' and 'history from below' movements). The aim of this collection is to use the critical interventions Ranciere's writing makes on current topics and themes as a way of offering new critical perspectives on his thought. Wielding their individual expertise, each contributor assesses his perspectives and positions on thinkers and topics of contemporary importance.
- Author BiographyJean-Philippe Deranty is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. In addition to his monograph on Axel Honneth (Brill, 2009) he is the editor of the forthcoming volume Jacques Ranciere: Key Concepts (Acumen, July 2010). Alison Ross is Senior Lecturer in Critical Theory at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, and Director of the Centre for Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies. She is the author of The Aesthetic Paths of Philosophy (Stanford UP, 2007) and the editor of The Agamben Effect (South Atlantic Quarterly, 2008). To date she has published two essays on the aesthetic themes of Ranciere's work (in Sub-Stance and Theory@ buffalo).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlison Ross,Jean-Philippe Deranty
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.94Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.31Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.