All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI don? kw fo? sure if dat story is true, But down where de Cajuns live on de bayou, When dey tell dem stories, dey shore like to talk About dat boy Jacques and his magic beanstalk. You kw the classic story of Jack and the Beanstalk, but you?ve never heard it like this before. Told in Cajun dialect with a distinct bayou flair, this book is perfect for reading aloud. There is even a glossary and pronunciation guide to help! The creators of Petite Rouge (which Publishers Weekly called ?a sassy, spicy outing?) once again deliver a hilarious twist on a well-kwn fairy tale.
- Author BiographyMike Artell is an award-winning children's book author, illustrator and television cartoonist. Mike's books include nationally recognized lift-the-flap board books for small children and non-fiction books for older children. Mike has also written and illustrated teacher and parent resource books on subjects as diverse as ecology, parties, drawing and young authorship. In addition to his work as an author and illustrator, Mike also has extensive experience as: . A musician who plays guitar, bass, keyboard and blues harmonica.. A storyteller who regularly performs original poems and tales.. A newspaper editorial cartoonist.. A magazine and greeting card writer and cartoonist.. A keynote speaker for major educational conferences.. A marketing consultant/board member for several high technology companies.. The host of his own television cartooning show.Each year, Mike shares his books and his writing/drawing techniques with thousands of students at dozens of schools across the country. During that same year, Mike typically writes and illustrates 2 books, conducts 6 teacher workshops, addresses 10 educational conferences and visits 6 libraries or children's museums.Mike also conducts author/illustrator in residence programs at schools. Mike has personally guided more than 4,000 students through the process of writing and illustrating their own picture books. For this work, Mike was recognized by the Northshore (LA) chapter of the International Reading Association for exemplary service in the promotion of literacy. Several of Mike's books have been award-winners. Most recently, Mike's astronomy book for children, Starry Skies, was named a 1998 Best Science Book For Children by Science Books and Films magazine, a publication of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Mike's books have also been named Pick of the Lists by Publisher's Weekly, Top 100 by Curriculum Administrator Magazine and Teacher's Choice by Learning Magazine. Mike is available for conference presentations, teacher workshops, school visits and Young Authors programs.
- Author(s)Mike Artell
- PublisherDial Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books for Young Readers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Harris
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.