All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFedora Horowitz, born in Romania, is a professional musician who continued her musical career in Israel and in United States. Living amongst Arabs and Jews in Israel inspired her to write Jaffa Beach. This is a love story set in the volatile context of the founding of the State of Israel, and the concomitant rise of Palestinian longing for a homeland. In this vel of epic proportions, spanning many decades and three generations, the author finds the common humanity of both Arabs and Jews.
- Author BiographyI was born in the eve of World War II and lived through the Holocaust in Romania and under the communist regime's continuous terror that followed. The door to freedom opened in December 1958 when my parents and I were allowed to immigrate to Israel. I am a professional pianist who continued my musical career in Israel and later in The United States. My father's premature death triggered me to write, because he was such a marvelous story-teller and I wanted to preserve his memories. Many of my stories tell about life in Romania during WWII and under the communist regime. Other stories deal with a new immigrant's life in Israel, and finally the experiences encountered as a newcomer to the United States. My award winning short stories were published by the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Florida. My stories BERTHA and THE SAGA OF OUR PASSPORT were published in 2006 and 2010, respectively, in PASSAGER, a literary magazine of the University of Baltimore. In 2011 my story BERTHA was selected for Burning Bright, the Passager celebration publication of 21 years of existence. The spark and seed for JAFFA BEACH was generated by my thoughts regarding the horrors brought on by hatred leading to wars, as well as the fear and the unfulfilled life of women living in conditions of submission within the families of religious zealots. The music, as a world repair, is my message for peace and understanding.
- Author(s)Fedora Horowitz
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.