All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBy August 1916, the German Air Service was fighting a losing struggle in the skies over the Battle of the Somme. In response, an entirely new type of fighting formation came into being -the Jagdstaffel, a unit designed solely as a fighting squadron. One of the most famous was Jasta 2, formed and led by Germany's premiere fighter ace Oswald Boelcke. Renamed Jasta 'Boelcke', the unit would carry its first commander's legacy to spectacular success in late 1918. This title examines the tactics, personalities and achievements of this ace squadron which finished the war with an immense 336 victories, second only to Richthofen's own unit in confirmed kills.
- Author BiographyA history teacher living in St Charles, Iowa, Greg VanWyngarden has had a lifelong interest in World War I aviation and has been particularly active in researching the colors and markings of German fighter aircraft. Greg has served on the Board of Directors of the League of World War I Aviation Historians and has been both art director and issue editor for that society's journal Over the Front. He is a long-time member of Cross & Cockade International, and has authored many articles in specialist publication and contributed to several monographs dealing with his favorite subject. This is his tenth book. The author lives in St Charles, Iowa.
- Author(s)Greg VanWyngarden
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAviation Elite Units
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 26
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight400 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Dempsey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.