All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.45Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- Description<i> I'm old eugh to stay home alone, you kw. Mom said, Not a chance. Who's going to lug the loot ba and the locks on the door sprung open. I opened the door and unloaded the cart. It took five minutes, probably less. Mom? I said, looking around when I'd finished. I didn't see her. Mom? I yelled. Mom? </i> It's a few days before Christmas when 10-year-old Jake's mom slips and breaks her leg. For as long as Jake can remember, it's just been him and his mom, so with one else to look after him the hospital contacts the gruff granddad Jake only kws through awkward twice-a-year phone calls. When grandad shows up, he's thing like Jake expected. But as Jake gets to kw his grandfather and a makeshift family of friends and neighbors come together around him and his mom, he realizes that this might t be such a bad Christmas after all. With beautiful spare writing that will appeal to fans of <i>Because of Winn-Dixie</i> and <i>The Higher Power of Lucky, </i> Newbery Hor winning author Audrey Couloumbis tells a story as warm and welcome as a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day and shows that the best gift of all is the gift of family.
- Author BiographyAUDREY COULOUMBIS's first book for children, <i>Getting Near to Baby, </i> won the Newbery Honor in 2000. Audrey is also the author of several other highly acclaimed books for young readers, including <i>The Misadventures of Maude March</i> (which was named a Book Sense 76 Pick, a New York Public Library 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing Selection, and a National Parenting Publications Gold Award Winner) <i>Love Me Tender</i> (a Book Sense Summer 2008 Pick) and <i>War Games</i> which she coauthored with her husband Akila Couloumbis (a 2010 Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People and a <i>Horn Book</i> Fanfare Best Book). Audrey lives in upstate New York and Florida with her dog Phoebe, and Phoebe's two pet parakeets Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
- Author(s)Audrey Couloumbis
- PublisherYearling Books
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling Books
- Weight122 g
- Width134 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.