All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the official exhibition catalog of Jakuchu: The 300th Anniversary of his Birth, an exhibition held at Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 22 April - 24 May 2016 in commemoration of the tercentenary of the artist, Ito Jakuchu (1716-1800). Jakuchu was active in Kyoto during the 18th century, tirelessly producing artworks until his death at the age of 85. He painted many beautiful and vivid images of animals and plants using a delicate painting style, as well as ink paintings with spontaneous brushstrokes and humorous expressions. This exhibition celebrated the 300th anniversary of Jakuchu's birth by introducing masterpieces spanning his entire career. Jakuchu s masterpieces the 3 scroll paintings of the Sakyamuni Triad (Shokoku-ji, Kyoto) and the Pictures of the Colorful Realm of Living Beings series, consisting of 30 scrolls, (Sanmaru Shozokan, The Museum of the Imperial Collections) were displayed together for the first time in Tokyo. With a foreword in English by art historian and general supervisor for this exhibition, Nobuo Tsuji, and art collector Joe D. Price, whose collection was also exhibited at the venue, this title also includes an index of each work in English.
- Author(s)Jakucyu Ito
- PublisherNIKKEI INC.
- Date of Publication12/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationChiyoda-ku Tokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintNIKKEI INC.
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations Throughout
- Width227 mm
- Height296 mm
- Foreword byTsuji Nobuo
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.