Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.09Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionJamaica Kincaid's vels, short stories, essays, and memoirs have established her as an invative writer. In works such as Annie John , Lucy , and A Small Place , the experiences of an often underrepresented group, Caribbean women, are given fresh treatment in the voice of this author.
- Author BiographyHarold Bloom is Sterling Professor of the Humanities at Yale University. He is the author of 30 books, including Shelley's Mythmaking (1959), The Visionary Company (1961), Blake's Apocalypse (1963), Yeats (1970), A Map of Misreading (1975), Kabbalah and Criticism (1975), Agon: Toward a Theory of Revisionism (1982), The American Religion (1992), The Western Canon (1994), and Omens of Millennium: The Gnosis of Angels, Dreams, and Resurrection (1996). The Anxiety of Influence (1973) sets forth Professor Bloom's provocative theory of the literary relationships between the great writers and their predecessors. His most recent books include Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human (1998), a 1998 National Book Award finalist, How to Read and Why (2000), Genius: A Mosaic of One Hundred Exemplary Creative Minds (2002), Hamlet: Poem Unlimited (2003), Where Shall Wisdom be Found (2004), and Jesus and Yahweh: The Names Divine (2005). In 1999, Professor Bloom received the prestigious American Academy of Arts and Letters Gold Medal for Criticism. He has also received the International Prize of Catalonia, the Alfonso Reyes Prize of Mexico, and the Hans Christian Andersen Bicentennial Prize of Denmark.
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notechronology, bibliography, index
- Weight535 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProf. Harold Bloom
- Reading AgeGrades 9 and up
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.