All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom deep, supple and mouth-filling Shiraz to golden botrytised Riesling, from delicious gooseberry and grass-driven Sauvign Blanc to the generosity of sun-kissed Chardonnay, Australia produces wines that are among the best in the world. The diversity of Australian landscapes and soils ensures an optimal environment for every variety of wine grape, whether the cool climate of Tasmania for Pit Noir, or the Mediterranean summers of the Margaret River in Western Australia for Cabernet Sauvign. James Halliday analyses every wine region in Australia - and there are over seventy - in this definitive book. He studies the types of grapes grown, the soil, the climate, the winegrowing history, and also introduces the most famous and respected wineries, winemakers and their signature wines. Each section is sumptuously illustrated and features a specially created map highlighting geographic landmarks and the location of the wineries. James Halliday's Wine Atlas of Australia is a masterwork by Australia's leading wine critic and authority.
- Author BiographyRespected wine critic and vigneron James Halliday has a career that spans over forty years, but he is most widely known for his informative writing about wine. He has been wine writer for The Weekend Australian since 1984 and regularly writes for food and wine magazines such as Decanter, Gourmet, and Epicurean, and has won numerous awards for his journalism including Australia's most prestigious wine trophy, the 2005 Saltram Australia Wine Communicator Award. James is an unmatched authority on every aspect of the wine industry, and is constantly in demand as a wine judge in Australia and overseas.
- Author(s)James Halliday
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteFull colour throughout & over 90 maps
- Weight1968 g
- Width238 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.