All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch attention has been given to Joyce's life in Dublin and Paris, but his productive years in Trieste have t received the same attention. In a thoroughly documented account, Hartshorn presents a clear, accessible study of Joyce's love/hate relationship with the city, the work he produced there, and the influence of Trieste on his writing. The book begins with a brief overview of Trieste's history prior to Joyce's arrival in 1904, and follows Joyce's life there until World War I, a period in which he completed ^IDubliners^R and ^IA Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man^R, and began ^IUlysses^R. Joyce then departed for the safety of Zurich and the book concludes with his brief return of eight months to Trieste in 1919. Hartshorn has drawn from many previously untapped sources, providing a fascinating look at Joyce's Trieste years that other Joyce biographer has yet to reveal.
- Author BiographyPETER HARTSHORN is an English Instructor at Showa Institute in Boston.
- Author(s)Peter Hartshorn
- Date of Publication30/11/1997
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 86.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.