James: The NIV Application Commentary from Biblical Test...to Contemporary Life by David P. Nystrom (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStraight to the point, practical, affirming, convicting - that's the book of James . In it, we see a picture of early Christians wrestling to apply the teachings of Jesus to their everyday lives. And we see a community plagued by divisiveness and hypocrisy, with an emphasis on wealth and status. James pulls punches addressing these issues, calling for a faith that shows itself in moral actions: in speech, in interpersonal relationships, in ecomic and social justice. He also lays out a theology of the redemptive value of suffering. In our day when the behavior and attitudes of professed Christians are often t much different from the surrounding culture, in our society of great wealth, and in our culture that abhors suffering, the challenging message of James is greatly needed. Exploring the links between the Bible and our own times, David Nystrom shares perspectives on the book of James that reveal its enduring relevance for our twenty-first-century lives. This series promises to become an indispensable tool for every pastor and teacher who seeks to make the Bible's timeless message speak to this generation. Billy Graham: The NIV Application Commentary dares to go where few scholars have gone before - into the real world of biblical application faced by pastors and teachers every day. This is everything a good commentary should be. Leith Anderson Pastor, Wooddale Church Most Bible commentaries take us on a one-way trip from our world to the world of the Bible. But they leave us there, assuming that we can somehow make the return journey on our own. They focus on the original meaning of the passage but don't discuss its contemporary application. The information they offer is valuable - but the job is only half done! The NIV Application Commentary Series helps bring both halves of the interpretive task together. This unique, award-winning series shows readers how to bring an ancient message into our postmodern context. It explains t only what the Bible meant but also how it speaks powerfully today.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Nystrom (PhD, University of California at Davis) is professor of biblical literature at North Park Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)David P. Nystrom
- Date of Publication14/10/1997
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight606 g
- Width165 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.