Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough both his fiction and n-fiction writing, James Welch gives voice to the history, heritage, and cultural identity of the American Indian. This companion provides a fascinating exploration of the man, his writing, and the impact and influence of his literary output. With information based on a series of personal interviews conducted for this book, the biographical chapter offers an insightful account of Welch's life as a Blackfoot Indian, and as a poet and velist. Readers will gain further appreciation for Welch's literary contributions through an exploration of the themes and genres investigated in his writing. Welch and his work-including his work with film-are situated within the Indian literary and cultural heritage. Five subsequent chapters, organized chrologically, focus on full-length fictional works. Clear, accessible critical analyses are given for the vels Winter in the Blood (1974), The Death of Jim Loney (1979), Fools Crow (1986), The Indian Lawyer (1991), and The Heartsong of Charging Elk (2000).
- Author BiographyMARY JANE LUPTON is Professor Emeritus at Morgan State University in Baltimore, where she taught Native American Literature, and African American Literature. She is the author of Maya Angelou: A Critical Companion (Greenwood 2001).
- Author(s)Mary Jane Lupton
- Date of Publication30/03/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritical Companions to Popular Contemporary Writers
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Weight404 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.