All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished by Drawn & Quarterly in 2007, Exit Wounds--a tale at once mystery and romance--introduced North American readers to the colorful and tightly woven narrative by Rutu Modan and was included in Time and Entertainment Weekly's best of lists. Jamilti and Other Stories collects the cartoonist's short works, which lead the reader through unexpected turns of plot and unusual character portraits. Some are darkly fantastical and unsettling, such as the unraveling of a serial-killer murder mystery, or her accounts of an infatuated plastic surgeon and his sanitarium, and a mother back from the dead with dubious healing powers. Others are more attuned to surprising discoveries that shape personal identity, as in the story of a tragic past that lies within a family's theme hotel, or that of a struggling musician who hopes an upcoming gig will be his big break. In Jamilti, Modan addresses political violence with a suicide bombing that shakes up a day in the lives of a young couple.
- Author BiographyRUTU MODAN, one of Israel's best-known cartoonists, was born in Tel Aviv in 1966. She is most recognized in North America for her graphic novel Exit Wounds, and currently lives in England with her family.
- Author(s)Rutu Modan
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.