All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the 1990s, Amsterdam-based artist Jan van der Ploeg (b. 1959) gained international acclaim with his bold, colorful geometric wall paintings. His abstract modular motifs sometimes recall Calders mobiles, Artschwagers conceptual blps, or LeWitts minimalist wall paintings. Though van der Ploegs installation for Kunsthaus Baselland consists of two massive wall pieces, the accompanying catalog is a survey of almost a decade of work by the artist. With 350 color plates featuring a number of museum installations, it is his most extensive document to date. Jan van der Ploeg first began painting geometric designs on the walls of buildings in his native Amsterdam. Since then, he has painted in hundreds of galleries and institutions, from the Hammer Museum lobby (L.A.) to the walls of the Rijks Museum, considering the specific architecture of each space and adding to it new depth and dimension. Unique combinations of common shapes, bold colors and shifts in scale invite the viewer to experience familiar spaces in new and dynamic ways.
- PublisherSnoeck Verlagsgesellschaft mbH
- Date of Publication31/07/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSnoeck Verlagsgesellschaft mbH
- Content Note350 colour ills
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.