All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe emerged from the cave of bats with the name given to him by his people. He was Jandamarra - a man of power who could appear and disappear like a ghost. Set in the Kimberley region in rth-west Australia, this is the story of a young warrior born to lead. To the settlers, he was an outlaw to be hunted. To the Bunuba, he was a courageous defender of his country. Mark Greenwood's text and Terry Denton's watercolour illustrations bring to life this story of conflict and divided loyalties - giving a unique insight into an extraordinary man and a tragic but important part of Australia's frontier history.
- Author BiographyMark Greenwood is the author of The Legend of Moondyne Joe, The Legend of Lasseter's Reef, Magic Boomerang, Outback Adventure and Our Big Island. His most recent book is Simpson and His Donkey, illustrated by Frane Lessac. Terry Denton has illustrated more than 100 books, twenty of which he has also written.
- PrizesShortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award Patricia Wrightson Prize 2014 and Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Eve Pownall Award for Information Books 2014.
- Author(s)Mark Greenwood
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width216 mm
- Height314 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Terry Denton
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $34.49Trending at AU $49.90
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.48
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $18.97
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $24.98
- AU $17.06Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $4.15Trending at AU $6.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.