Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last 200 years, the vels of Jane Austen have been loved and celebrated across a diverse international readership. As a result, there is a bottomless appetite for detail about the woman behind the writing. Jane Austen traces her life and times; her relationships with family and friends; the attitudes and customs of the time that shaped her and were in turn shaped by her work; and the places where she lived, worked and set her vels, from rural Hampshire to fashionable Bath Spa. Chapters on each of her vels run throughout the book and place them in the context of her life. For such a rewned velist, there is remarkably little direct material available, but this volume draws on archives for a truly insightful view.
- Author BiographyJanet Todd is an authority on literature and culture of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. She is emiritus Professor of English Literature at Aberdeen University and the President of Lucy Cavendish College, Cambridge. She is the author of many books on women in literature. Her books include Mary Wollstonecraft: A Revolutionary Life and Jane Austen in Context.
- Author(s)Janet Todd
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Content Note150 colour & b&w images
- Weight1175 g
- Width251 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.