All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Jane Austen and her Readers, 1786-1945' is a study of the history of reading Jane Austen's vels. It discusses Austen's own ideas about books and readers, the uses she makes of her reading, and the aspects of her style that are related to the ways in which she has been read. The volume considers the role of editions and criticism in directing readers' responses, and presents and analyses a variety of source material related to the ordinary readers who read Austen's works between 1786 and 1945.
- Author BiographyKatie Halsey is a lecturer in eighteenth-century literature at the University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Author(s)Katie Halsey
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnthem Nineteenth-Century Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.