All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen and Mary Shelley and Their Sisters is an unprecedented work that provides an in-depth analysis of the work of women velists from the Romantic age, a period that has long been exclusively designated as the province of canized male poets. Although there are many volumes on the works of Austen and Shelley, this collection is the first to consider these writers and others in the wider context of English fiction by women during the 1780s to 1830s. Collectively, the authors examine the works of nearly fifteen women velists of the Romantic period whose works encompass the prevailing social and political realities of the time. They demonstrate that women writers were t following a specific formula to produce their creative works but were instead responding to an insatiable market for their imaginative and infinitely varied wares. A must-read for scholars of women's studies as well as 19th century British literature, Jane Austen and Mary Shelley and Their Sisters is sure to be an important resource for years to come.
- Author BiographyLaura Dabundo is Professor of English at Kennesaw State University.
- Author(s)Laura Dabundo
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width134 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.